These are my links for December 2nd through January 12th:
These are my links for November 19th through December 2nd:
These are my links for August 29th through November 12th:
For a dynamic monovariate (single line) chart, please see my earlier post – http://psyphi.net/blog/2013/04/charts-from-tables-with-d3js-and-jquery/.
Sometimes you just have to plot more than one dataset on the same chart, but you might have a complex data table with some “collections” of single-values and some collections of multiple values. Here I’ve put together an example from something I’ve been working on recently. Once your back-end queries (SQL or whatever) are written and your templates convert those data into basic HTML tables, you can plot then straight to SVG/D3 without much extra work.
Nearly all of that extra work is around adding appropriate classes to cells to distinguish columns and collections of columns. The rest is to extract those cells out again and decide which should be plotted together.
In this example, tabs and table headings belong to classes “collection_#” “a_c#” where the collection_# identifies a set of columns to be displayed together and the a_c# identifies the (links for the) columns themselves. Collections with multiple columns therefore have a single collection class but contain more than one a_c# class.
Next each table tbody td data cell belongs to a c# class, one for each column. Each one is also uniquely identified by a td#_<date> which allows hovers on the table cell to highlight the SVG data point and vice versa. Next each cell contains a span with a “val” class (more on that in the next post).
SVG paths may now be built for each column. Clicks on table-headings and tabs are able to examine which columns co-display because they belong in the same collection and then scale and plot them appropriately.
Note that the first and last tabs in this example plot single lines to demonstrate mixed collections in action. The middle two tabs have two lines each but there’s no reason why you couldn’t have more (although there are only seven colours listed at the moment).
These are my links for June 5th through June 26th:
- Big Compute for Big Data – Products – Joyent –
- rCharts – NVD3 & friends in R
- Instant Server – temporary (35 mins) ec2 micro instance, ubuntu64
- The GUI Loft — a Win32::GUI designer/builder for Windows User Interface creation in Perl –
These are my links for May 6th through May 22nd:
These are my links for March 8th through April 30th:
- NVD3.js :: re-usable charts for d3.js –
- Inception | Break & Enter – defeat screenlock, disk encryption for e.g. powered-on & screenlocked devices with physical access
- Asterisk for Raspberry Pi –
- Storm, distributed and fault-tolerant realtime computation –
- Bitcoin Mining Hardware – ASIC Bitcoin Miner – Butterfly Labs –
These are my links for December 12th through February 18th:
These are my links for November 27th through December 7th:
One of the most bonkers compiler transformations I've come across. Thanks @new299!
- WebCL – Heterogeneous parallel computing in HTML5 web browsers –
- Neal’s Yard Dairy :: Farm Cheeses From The British Isles –
- RStudio – Shiny –
- Send beautiful email newsletters with Campaign Monitor –
These are my links for June 1st through November 3rd:
- Meraki –
- Cambridge Wood Works – Recycling and Reusing Waste Wood In Cambridge UK –
- web-sorrow – a versatile security scanner for the information disclosure and fingerprinting phases of pentesting. written in perl – Google Project Hosting –
- Shades | Software | Charcoal Design –
- Welcome – Fritzing –
- PLOTS Spectral Workbench: index –
- Cubify – Express Yourself in 3D – basic reprap with a bit more polish
- LPMT – Little Projection-Mapping Tool | "Projection-Mapping for the masses" –
- CircuitLab – online schematic editor & circuit simulator –
- Nava Whiteford – SGenomics Ltd –
- Scalable Flash Memory Array – Violin Memory Violin Memory –
- All The Cheat Sheets That A Web Developer Needs | Top Design Magazine – Web Design and Digital Content – via @jitsukerr . Missing bits of perl and apache other than rewrite
- hashcat – advanced password recovery –